Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Malaysia Today

PSSTT...! Salam, as we know, today is Friday and it is a special day because on this day, Malaysia was form. There's nothing important I want to share with you all. HOHo shame-shame laa I.. Actually I have HOHO, I had read  a book writen by Lydia Teh. There's a part that I really want to share with you all.

On racial stereotypes, she quotes her friend's

If you're not lazy, you're not Malay,
If you don't cheat, you're not Chinese,
If you don't drink, you're not Indian.
and firmly rejects it with

I'm chinese but I'm no cheat,
My friend's Indian but he's no drunk,
Another is Malay but he's no slob,
Chinese, Indian, Malay or Others,
WE ARE WHO WE MAKE OURSELVES TO BE,
Not the stereotypes we're made out to be.
But if we don't buck the trend,
We'll forever be stamped.


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading , if you have any problem please leave me a comment here I will help you by my best.Please note that you put the friendly words to help each other to improving and developing these 'sharing' to be better,or the best way for you to track my blog is become my Follower.You are always welcome on my blog.
Best regard

Followers